Tasha Smith Bio, Age, Twin Sister, Husband, Michael K. Williams, Daughters, Movies
Tasha Smith Biography
Born in Camden, New Jersey, Tasha Smith is an American actress, director, and producer who made her directorial debut in 2015.
As an actress, she is best known for her starring role on the NBC comedy series Boston Common.
Tasha Smith Age
Smith was born on February 28, 1971. She is 50 years old as of 2021.
Tasha Smith Mother
Smith is the daughter of Monique Smith. She was raised by a single mother. There is no more information available about her mother at the moment. She lives a life away from the limelight.
Tasha Smith Twin Sister
Smith has an identical twin sister named Sidra Smith. She works as a producer and writer and is known for her work such as; A Luv Tale (1999), Daredevil (2003), and Cleopatra, Smiles.
Tasha Smith Husband
Smith has been married and divorced. She was married to Keith Douglas. She and Douglas got married from 2010 to 2015 when their marriage was annulled. They had gotten married after one year of dating. Douglas was her manager as well.
In 2014, Tasha requested a restraining order against Douglas who in documents filed prior to the court appearance, accused Tasha of having affairs with other women. Her friend Tisha Campbell-Martin acted as a character witness.
Their final divorce decree was issued in March 2015. However, Tasha contested the divorce by alleging that Keith concealed information from her that she should have known before the marriage. And had she known information about his background, they would not have gotten married.
Smith alleged that he was not the “man of the cloth” that he had portrayed to be during their courtship. Their marriage was annulled in December 2015 on the basis of fraud committed by Douglas.
Tasha Smith and Michael K. Williams
On May 27, 2019, Tasha posted a photo of her and actor Michael K. Williams making their relationship Instagram official. In the attached photo of her and Williams, she wrote;
“Nothing makes me happier!!!!! The love Of my life @bkbmg ❤️❤️❤️ this man gives me goosebumps!!!!!”
Michael died on September 6, 2021. He was found dead by his nephew, in his Williamsburg, Brooklyn penthouse. He was 54 years old at the time of his death. His cause of death has not yet been announced.
Tasha Smith Daughters
Smith does not have any biological children. She however refers to actress Jeanté Godlock as her daughter. Early in May 2021, she shared her love for Godlock in an Instagram post that read;
“Never had kids of my own! But God sure did bless me with a beautiful talented daughter! Love you, baby girl! @jeantegodlock the best is yet to come!”
Godlock also wished Tasha who she refers to as mama a happy birthday. She wrote; “tasha4realsmith happy birthday mama! I don’t anyone with a bigger heart and I can’t even get into how much I love this woman so I’ll just say I’m so grateful to have you in my life, Tasha.”
Tasha Smith Movies and Television Shows
- Twin Sitters – Yvonne
- Let It Be Me – Nikita Johnson
- Max Q – Karen Daniels
- Chameleon II: Death Match – IBI Director Tasha Webster
- Playas Ball – Vonda Watson
- The Whole Ten Yards – Jules “Julie” Figueroa
- My Purple Fur Coat – Ruth Smith
- Miles from Home – Keisha Knight
- ATL – Miss Gayle Lawrence
- You, Me and Dupree – CeCe Johnson
- Glass House: The Good Mother – Caseworker Niecy Jameson
- Love… & Other 4 Letter Words – Lucille Ames
- Daddy’s Little Girls – Jennifer Jackson
- Why Did I Get Married? – Angela Williams
- The Longshots – Claire Plummer
- Couples Retreat – Jennifer Lawless
- Why Did I Get Married Too? – Angela Williams
- Pastor Brown – Angelique Todd
- Something Like a Business – Angela
- Jumping the Broom – Shonda Peterkin
- Addicted – Dr. Marcella Spencer
- Boxed in – Sheila
- Polaris – Sophie
- When Love Kills: The Falicia Blakely Story – Michelle
- Running Out of Time – Brenda
- The One You Never Forget – Sherry
- Dolemite Is My Name – Barbara Lynch
Tasha Smith Net Worth
Smith has an estimated net worth of around $1.5 million.