Sergey Brin Biography
A native of Moscow, Russia, Sergey Brin is an American computer scientist, business magnate, and internet entrepreneur. However, he co-founded Google with Larry Page. He was the president of Google’s parent company, until stepping down from the position on December 3, 2019.
Sergey Brin Age
Brin is 48 years old as of 2021. He was born on 21 August 1973 in Moscow, Russia. He celebrates his birthday on 21 August every year.
Sergey Brin Height
Brin stands at a height of 5 feet 8 inches(173 cm) tall and weighs 70 kg (154 lbs).
Sergey Brin Education
Brin acquired his bachelor’s degree at the University of Maryland, College Park, following in his father’s and grandfather’s footsteps by studying mathematics, as well as computer science. After graduation, he enlisted at Stanford University to acquire a Ph.D. in computer science. There he met Page, with whom he built a web search engine. The program became popular at Stanford, and they suspended their Ph.D. studies to start up Google in Susan Wojcicki’s garage in Menlo Park.
Sergey Brin Family
Brin was born and raised in Moscow, Russia to Russian Jewish parents, Eugenia and Mikhail Brin, both graduates of Moscow State University (MSU). His father is a retired mathematics professor at the University of Maryland, and his mother is a researcher at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center.
Sergey Brin Wife
Brin married entrepreneur and biotech analyst Anne Wojcicki in the Bahamas. The couple was blessed with a son in late 2008 and a daughter in late 2011. In August 2013, it was announced that Brin and his wife were living separately after Brin had an extramarital affair with Google Glass’s marketing director Amanda Rosenberg. In June 2015, they concluded their divorce.
On November 7, 2018, he married Nicole Shanahan, a legal tech founder. They have a daughter, born in late 2018. Brin and Shanahan separated on December 15, 2021, and Brin filed for divorce on January 4, 2022. According to a report in the Wall Street Journal, the cause of their breakup was an affair Shanahan had with Elon Musk, a claim denied by Musk.
Sergey Brin Net Worth
Brin has an estimated net worth of $95.6 billion.
Sergey Brin Quotes
- Obviously everyone wants to be successful, but I want to be looked back on as being very innovative, very trusted, and ethical and ultimately making a big difference in the world. …
- Solving big problems is easier than solving little problems. …
- We want Google to be the third half of your brain.
- I feel there’s existential angst among young people. I didn’t have that. They see enormous mountains, where
- I only saw one little hill to climb.
- I would like to see anyone be able to achieve their dreams, and that’s what this organization does.
- When I was growing up, I always knew I’d be at the top of my class in math, and that gave me a lot of self-confidence.
- Google actually relies on our users to help with our marketing. We have a very high percentage of our users who often tell others about our search engine.
- But the vast majority of books ever written are not accessible to anyone except the most tenacious researchers at premier academic libraries. Books written after 1923 quickly disappear into a literary black hole.
- Once you go from 10 people to 100, you already don’t know who everyone is. So at that stage, you might as well keep growing, to get the advantages of scale.
- Some say Google is God. Others say Google is Satan. But if they think Google is too powerful, remember that with search engines, unlike other companies, all it takes is a single click to go to another search engine
Sergey Brin Books
- “Surely you’re joking, Mr. Feynman!”
- “Snow Crash” by Neal Stephenson